- About Us
- Raw material herbal products
- Semi-finished material
- Oils and Oeloresins
- News & Event
Stevia or Sweetleaf (Stevia rebaudiana) which belongs to Asteraceae family is a native plant which originated from Southern Africa. Stevia began to come in Thailand in 1975 and widely cultivated in the northern of Thailand.
Stevia has steviol glycosiedes which is the sweetener. These compounds give sweetness from 100 to 300 times than sugar (sucrose) without giving any energy (0 calories/g.), heat stable up to 220 ํC, pH-stable and not fermentable. The four major Steviol glycosides are Stevioside, Rebaudioside A, Rebaudioside C, DulcosideA.
Moreover, studies have shown stevia to have a possible trophic effect on β-cells of pancreas, to improve insulin sensitivity in rats, and possibly even to promote additional insulin production, helping to reverse diabetes and metabolic syndrome. Stevia consumed before meals significantly reduced postprandial insulin levels compared to both aspartame and sucrose. A 2011 review study concluded that stevia sweeteners would likely benefit diabetic patients. In 2013 a study with stevia leaves on diabetic rats identified a renal and hepatic protective effect and a reduction in the risk of oxidative stress, in addition to the better known hypoglycemic benefits.
- 300 times of sweetness over ordinary sugar and could be used as sugar substitute safely
- No calorie is the special benefit of Steviosides. So it could be used to reduce blood sugar in diabetes and good for losing weight
- Facilitates insulin action in removing sugar from blood for energy production
- Heat stable up to 220 ํC which is safe as part of any food, beverage and bakery recipe
- Food and beverage
The product strictly conforms to the domestic standards set by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of Thailand, and by the International Standard of JECFA (The Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additive) and EFSA (European Food Safetִ Authority), CODEX Alimentarius.
- Aluminum foil bag
We can provide packaging in various types of contains depending on custom requirements.
- Store in cool dry place, away from light, excessive heat or freezing temperatures
- Shelf life: 2 years